30 Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)?
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is a treatment series performed with the purpose of improving a patient’s testosterone levels. Most often, TRT is administered to men who have Low T, a condition characterized by lower than normal levels of testosterone in the body.
TRT treatments typically involve the administration of a series of testosterone supplements by wellness professionals over a regimented time period. The goal of these supplements is to bolster the client’s existing testosterone levels and bring them up to their preferred concentration.
TRT can be administered to clients in a number of methods:
- Testosterone patches. Most topical methods of TRT involve a product that administers testosterone through the skin and into the bloodstream. Testosterone patches are one such method, in which patients apply the patch to their arm or upper body to slowly administer the medication over a period of time. Mouth patches are also available, which are worn on the upper gums.
- Testosterone gels. Other topical forms of TRT include gels and creams which operate under similar principles as the patch but are simply rubbed on the skin once per day and allowed to absorb into the bloodstream.
- Testosterone implants. Testosterone implants can also be administered to patients during TRT – with this method, small pellets are implanted into the soft tissues of the body, which then dissolve to introduce testosterone into your bloodstream over time.
- Testosterone injections. The most effective method of TRT, however, is through injection – directly injected into the muscles, these testosterone supplements absorb quite quickly into the bloodstream.
Of these methods, we at Renew Vitality heavily recommend the use of injections for a client’s TRT regimen. Not only is it the fastest and most efficient way to optimize your testosterone levels, it allows our wellness professionals to have greater control over how your treatment is performed.
That being said, in the event of patients being averse to injections, or if they require only an extremely low dose of testosterone, Renew Vitality is more than capable of prescribing a TRT regimen with patches, gels or creams as the primary delivery system.
Is TRT Offered in New York City?
Renew Vitality is ready to serve any and all clients in the area who want to restore or optimize their testosterone levels. NY Vitality can be found at 30 Central Park South, Suite 10A, New York, NY 10019, right next to The Plaza. Business hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. To get a consultation or ask any other questions of our team of knowledgeable, courteous professionals, our phone number is (800)785-3945. You can also reach us by fax at (800)785-0414, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Know If I Have Low T?
Men with Low T can see a number of associated symptoms, ones which might indicate the need for TRT. If you happen to experience one or more of these symptoms, we would recommend you contact us for a free lab test and physical exam to determine whether you have Low T.
- Lower sexual performance. Men with Low T typically experience lower libidos and diminished levels of sexual function, as having less testosterone reduces their sex drive. On average, these men tend to seek out sex less often.
- Erectile dysfunction. Along with lower libido, Low T is often correlated with lower rates of achieving and maintaining erections. (Keep in mind, though, that this symptom in particular is affected by many other factors, including mood, obesity, and various psychological factors.)
- Changes in mood. Low T can often be associated with irritability and fatigue in men – making them feel more tired, worn out and more easily exhausted. Also, they have shorter tempers and poorer mood, as a result of the lower quality of life afforded to men with Low T. There is also a greater likelihood of depression among men with Low T.
- Changes in body composition. Testosterone is a hormone that plays heavily into male body composition, contributing to the balance between muscle mass and fat mass. As such, men with Low T often show increases in fat mass compared to muscle mass, leading to a loss of overall body composition compared to younger years where they had more testosterone.
- Lower overall quality of life. As a result of all of these factors and others, men with Low T typically experience a lower quality of life, with diminished mood, sexual performance, and the deterioration of their perceived looks and health.
If you exhibit these symptoms, it may not mean you have Low T; many other contributing factors can come into play that do not involve having lower testosterone levels. These include the presence of obesity, diabetes, opioid usage, testicular damage and any congenital conditions you may have. Please consult your doctor or a wellness professional before engaging in TRT or any lifestyle changes as a result of these symptoms.
What Can TRT Do for Me?
With the help of Testosterone Replacement Therapy, many men have experienced tremendous results in alleviating the aforementioned symptoms. There’s a significant body of research on TRT, much of which supports its use on men with Low T; this study conducted by Saint Louis University, for instance, notes the following effects for patients who have undergone TRT:
- Greater libido and overall sexual function. Men who go through TRT have seen improvements in their sexual function and overall desire, as well as reduced rates of erectile dysfunction.
- Improved body composition, including higher muscle mass. TRT is also linked to greater muscle mass and body composition in people suffering from Low T, especially for older men who have already experience body composition deficits through normal aging.
- Improved cognition and mood. TRT is also associated with marked improvements in attitude and mood, as well as heightened sense of self-regard and well-being.
- Greater bone mineral density. Low T often has deleterious effects on bone mineral density (BMD); TRT is subsequently associated with increased BMD.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Since TRT is often linked to lower fat mass and greater muscle mass, corresponding health benefits include lower risk factors for heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions.
What If My Testosterone Is Just Lower Than I Prefer?
Even if you don’t technically have Low T, you may find it useful to undergo TRT regardless. The American Urology Association (AUA) cites a range of 300 to 800 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) as normal for the average male. Men whose testosterone levels fall below 300 ng/d are classified as having Low T and would definitely benefit from TRT programs like those provided by Renew Vitality.
Older men are more likely to have Low T; as men get older, their testosterone levels drop at a rate of approximately 1% per year after age 30 or 40. Nearly half of all men over the age of 80 suffer from Low T, but it is also present in a small percentage of younger men as well.
However, while some men may not technically have a testosterone level that ranks below 300 ng/dLs, they may still experience symptoms of Low T – slightly diminished sexual function, minor fluctuations in mood and cognition. For these people (whose T levels typically range between 300-500 ng/dL), it is entirely possible to optimize their testosterone levels with a dedicated TRT regimen. It is perfectly normal and safe to engage in TRT if you have slightly lower testosterone levels, and simply wish to get them back to levels higher in the normal range.
Renew Vitality welcomes patients who want to improve their physical health through testosterone replacement therapy. Our team of wellness professionals is more than happy to work with clients to figure out a treatment program that works for the individual, in addition to wellness programs that emphasize diet, exercise and other lifestyle changes.
Read Our Reviews
“I have had an awesome experience with New York Vitality. Thanks to Kenny and crew, I was well prepared and informed before my visit, and had no problem with the logistics. I put it off for a while, but I wish I had become a patient much sooner. I feel great, and people are always surprised when I tell them how old I am. I have more energy now, I sleep better, my skin tone is improved and my time in the gym is more effective. Don’t put it off. You won’t regret it!” – Tom Rose
“I have had low testosterone for years and tried a number of doctor groups, Renew Vitality has by far been the best. Ken and Matt are extremely helpful, from day one they have been in contact with me on a regular basis and go above and beyond to answer all your questions and make sure you are happy with your results.”– Joseph Sacco
“Once I started the program I could feel the difference after several weeks. I def. had more energy and i could see the results at the gym and i began to lose weight like i was 25 again. I highly recommend Dr. Marshall and Matt L.” –cas1063
Protecting and enhancing a variety of physical functions, testosterone is essential for energy, muscle and bone growth and sexual health. When levels drop, many men experience fatigue, muscle weakness, erectile dysfunction and even osteoporosis. With hormone replacement therapy, we restore testosterone levels, reviving youthful energy and vigor.
Growth Hormone Therapy
Reversing the effects of aging, Sermorelin treatments help restore youthful energy and health. GHRH has been proven to protect and increase muscle mass, reduce body fat, improve physical performance, improve sexual drive and sleep patterns. Customizing your therapy to your specific needs, we help you rediscover the man you once were.
Better Sexual Health
Testosterone isn’t the only fuel for a man’s sex drive and performance. But low testosterone can reduce your ability to have satisfying sex. Lack of sex drive and erectile dysfunction are sexual problems that can result from low testosterone. If low testosterone is the cause, treating it can help.